Prior to its development in 1897 at which time six holes were laid out with the first tee just below St. Andrews Church, the present site contained farms, businesses, a school house, salt vats and a digitalis farm which harvested the foxglove for use as a heart stimulant. In 1901, enough farmland was leased from CB Marchant for Alexander Findlay to lay out a nine hole course, and in 1913 an eighteen hole course of 5200 yards was completed. In the early 1920’s, more land was purchased and Donald Ross was engaged to extend the layout to 6000 yards. The Hyannisport Club, incorporated in 1909 for “the purpose of encouraging, promoting and practicing exercises, especially the game of golf” is a fine example of the far sightedness of the founders and $25,000 in capital can accomplish.
2 Irving Avenue
Hyannis Port, MA 02647
Take Rte 6 to Exit 6 (Hyannis- Rte 132.) At the end of the off-ramp, turn right onto Rte 132 South. Follow Rte 132 south, cross the first set of lights at Phinney’s Lane and stay to the right.